Happy from check-in to boarding
Traveling by plane is more common than ever before and the airports have become places we visit more and more often. It is no longer just a hub, it is the entrance hall to foreign countries. It receives us gently for our trip to vacation or for our business trip. The demands on airports and their offers are therefore growing steadily and competition is increasing. It is really important for passengers to be happy from check-in to boarding. Is it possible to measure happiness?
Smilies make it possible
HappyOrNot, the company from Finland, has done it. They have developed a feedback system with a smiley button. Did You notice the equipment already with the four buttons at the airports? They are obvious with their four red to green colored smilies.
Which airport makes people happiest?
The data for this is provided by HappyOrNot as follows :
1. Exeter Airport, U.K. – 88.66%
2. = Cork Airport, Republic of Ireland – 88.45%
2. = Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport (Rome), Italy – 88.45%
4. Dallas Fort Worth International Airport, U.S.A. – 87.35%
5. Newcastle International Airport, U.K. – 87.05%
6. London Southend Airport, U.K. – 86.79%
7. Cardiff Airport, U.K. – 86.57%
8. Keflavik International Airport, Iceland – 86.35%
The result is based on data from November 2016 to November 2017, from airports that received more than 120,000 feedbacks at different checkpoints.
Now You know where to start Your next journey to be happy. 😉
Leave me a comment, if You have airport recommendations! At which airport were You happy and at which less? Tell us your Airport Story …
 https://www.happy-or-not.com/en/2017/12/worlds-happiest-airports/ (accessed on 26.12.17)
 Author of the cover picture: Joe Ravi (CC-BY-SA 3.0)